Strengthening the core muscles that support spine will help you relieve the back pain. You must carefully choose core tightening workouts to strengthen your middle so that you benefit from then and do not worsen the backache. It is better to avoid sit ups and even crunches as those are not good for back pain. Here I have provided 3 of the best core tightening workouts you can perform and have back pain relief.
Before you start any of the exercising routine while suffering from back pain, it is always advisable to consult your physician. You do not want in any case to start a workout which is not suitable for you and might lead to worsen the back pain problem.
1. Bird Dog Core Tightening Workout
- Kneel on a mat on all fours, making sure your spine is in its neutral S-curve.
- Engage the deep core muscles as you did during the pelvic tilts, then slowly reach forward with your right arm as you extend your left leg out behind you.
- Slowly return them to the mat and repeat on the other side.
Try not to rush the movements and perform it slowly.
2. Marching Bridges
- Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent 90 degrees and feet flat on the floor.
- Engage the muscles of the deep core and move into a bridge position by lifting the buttocks off the floor.
- Now lift your left foot off the ground and straighten your left leg, extending that line of your body through your left heel.
- Return it to the floor and repeat with your right leg.
Begin with just a few repetitions and work your way up to a total of 20 or 30 alternating repetitions as you get stronger.
3. Swimmers Workout
- Lie on your stomach on a mat with your arms stretched out overhead.
- Keeping a neutral spine, slowly raise your right arm and left leg a few inches off the mat simultaneously.
- Slowly lower them back down, then repeat the motion with the left arm/right leg.
Do a total of 20 repetitions, 10 on each side, alternating as you go
These workouts will help you with your problem of back pain. If you are over weight by any chance then try to lose weight by using detox water to get rid of extra pounds of body fat.
image credit: www.brunswickchiropractor.com