Are you ready for the summer to show off your perfect beach body? If not then here is the most effective summer abs workout explained step by step to get you in shape before summer. The workout will help you to sculpt your body the way you always wanted it to be. When you start it for the first time, you feel the pain but as always consistency is the key to success here. The workout routine has variations of planks and crunches to burn the fat around your stomach. You would also like to add these powerful but 5 easy workouts for slim legs.
The best aspect of these abs workouts is that you do not need any equipment to perform these exercises so you have no excuses. All you need an exercising mat and commitment from you.
Summer Abs Workout
1. Elbow Plank
The elbow plank is a great way start this summer abs workout routine and strengthen your core body.
- You can start elbow plank by laying flat on your stomach on the exercise mat.
- With your palms placed beside each shoulder, now raise your upper body off the floor.
- While keeping your back and legs straight, bend your elbows using your forearms to support your body.
- Hold your body in this position.
2. Windshield Wipers Abs Workout
Windshield wiper is an important core exercise that gets its name from its motion that is very much like a windshield wiper on your car.
- You can start windshield wipers workout by laying flat on your back with your arms out to the side.
- Bring both legs up together making sure that you do not bend them.
- Now it is time to start the windshield wipers! Move your legs to one side as far down as possible and then bring them back to starting position. Now move your legs down again but this time to the opposite side and then bring them back to starting position.
- It is better not to stop your legs at the starting position and keep on moving your legs on either sides.
Complete a total of 20 reps.
3. Side Plank Lifts:
The side plank lift is a variation to the traditional plank that strengthens the shoulders, triceps, and entire core region. This exercise also improves hip mobility and balance.
- Start side planks with laying down on side such that your upper body is supported by your bent arm. Raise your hips into the air so your body is in a straight line. This is the starting position.
- Lower your hips to the ground, still using your elbow to support your weight and raise your hips as high into the air as you can.
- Lower your hips back to starting position and repeat.
- Each time you push your hips to the ceiling, counts as one rep.
Complete a total of 15 reps per side.
4. Bicycle Crunches Abs Workout
The Bicycle Crunch is the best ab exercise according to a study done at San Diego State University to uncover the best exercises you can do to activate the rectus abdominus.
- Place your both hands behind your ears while laying flat on your back.
- Now lets start the fun part. Bend one knee into your chest and lift your shoulders off the ground to bring your opposite side elbow to touch your knee.
- Lower your leg, and repeat the above movement but with the opposite leg and shoulder. Each elbow to knee counts as one rep. Complete a total of 40 reps
5. Superman Plank
Superman Plank is a tough variation of the plank. This workout engages your core muscles and is a great way to get flat stomach.
- From the high plank position, lift your right arm up and point it directly in front of you as you lift your left leg up off the ground to align with your body.
- Release and repeat the movement on opposite side. Each time you bring your limbs off the ground together, counts as one rep.
Complete a total of 20 reps.
Once you finish with summer abs workout routine, your body will be sore and aching with pain if you are doing it first time. This all soreness and pain is the starting point for a sexy abs you will be proud of. Remember to add healthy diet and combine it with other weight loss workouts for best results.
Good luck and have fun 🙂