Are having trouble with shedding the excessive fat on your hips and thighs? It is bad news for women that women tend to store the extra fat in the lower parts of their body and it is the most difficult part to lose weight. However,by cutting the portion size of your food intake and adding the exercises described here can help you to tone your lower body muscles for slimmer legs. As with any other workout routine, you need to be persistent to achieve best result. You must consider performing these workouts three days a week with rest days in between. Don’t forget to eat balanced diet to speed up the weight loss.
1. Happy Baby Pose
How to perform Happy baby pose:
- Lie on your back, knees drawn towards the chest and grab your feet, keeping your arms are in front of the shins.
- Draw the shoulders towards the back, and widen your knees while drawing them towards the armpits.
- Straighten your lower back to the ground such that tip of the tailbone is touching the floor.
- Remain is this pose for 60 seconds and conclude by drawing the knees back to the chest.
2. Pigeon Pose
How to perform pigeon pose:
- Sit straight on mat or on floor and press your soles together with your knees moved to the sides.
- Now lean forward from your hips while pulling your abs inwards slowly.
- Slowly pull yourself a bit more forward while holding your feet.
3. Butterfly Stretch
How to do it:
- Sit up straight on your mat or on a clean and smooth floor. Press your soles together with your knees dropped to the sides as far you comfortably can.
- Now pull your abs inwards slowly and lean forward from your hips.
- Grab both your feet and slowly pull yourself a bit more forward.
4. Figure Four Stretch
How to perform it:
- While on your back, put your arms along your sides. Bend the knees and with the soles of the feet on the floor near the butt.
- Just under the knee, position the right ankle over the left leg.
Grasp the left thigh with both hands.
- Raise the head and shoulders off the floor. Bend both elbows to carefully pull the left knee toward the inside of your chest.
- Switch legs and repeat.
5. Standing Bow Pose
How to do Standing Bow pose:
- Balance on one foot and bend the other knee as you bring the other foot towards the butt.
- With the same hand, grab the inside of the other foot.
- Maintain a square position of the hips and hinge slightly forward while you reach up forward with the free hand simultaneously lifting the foot behind until you feel a good stretch.
- Switch legs and repeat.
It is hard to lose fat around your thighs and hips. The workouts described above are designed to target the lower body fat. Let’s start shedding some pounds of extra fat to have sexy looking toned and strong hips and legs.