Amazing Abs with Windshield Wipers Exercise
The windshield wipers exercise is designed to activate the core stabilizing muscles, specifically the obliques and the rectus abdominus muscle. The exercise also causes muscle activation of the gluteal muscles to help stabilize the hip.
This muscle exercise is beneficial for those with low back pain as the core activation component helps stabilize the spine.
- Lie on an exercise mat, keeping your back flat with no arching of the spine.
- Extend your arms out beside you at shoulder level, with your palms pressed firmly to the floor. Your upper body should form a “T” shape.
- Raise your feet off the floor by bending your hips and knees to 90 degree angles. This is the start position.
- As you exhale, rotate both your thighs to one side until the outer thigh touches the ground or until you feel a stretch in your abs and lower back.
- Pause briefly, then rotate to the other side without pausing in the start position.
- When you have rotated to both sides, that is one repetition.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Here is a very good video to demonstrate how to do windshield washer exercise.
This is just one exercise which you can add to your overall weight loss workout plan so that you can have a sexy looking abs and body.
Please share your experience in comments to help our other community members.